Section II Football
Providing football officiating for youth sports in New York's Capital Region and the southern Adirondacks
- Maintain the highest standards of football officiating
- Promote the spirit of sportsmanship, player safety and fair play
- Provide the correct and consistent interpretation of the football rules
- Work cooperatively with coaches, school administrators, and Section 2 Athletics to ensure a safe and fair environment for players and officials
- Recruit new football officials and encourage their efforts to improve their officiating skills
- Support close professional relationships among our officiating members
In 1925, the Capital District Football Officials Association was one of the original three founding Chapters, along with Buffalo and Syracuse, of the New York State Association of Certified Football Officials. The organization has grown to cover the entire state of New York and is made up of nineteen chapters.
Section 2 Football Officials work all levels of officiating from Mitey Mites to the Division I Football. Each official puts in many hours of training to stay fresh on the rules and understand the mechanics. After training and working lower level games, some of our officials were recruited to work in the ACC, Big East, American, Colonial, Ivy and Patriot Leagues. We also have officials working Division II and III. For those officials working locally, you will often see them working a JV game in the morning before rushing to complete a few Pop Warner assignments and end their day working a semi-pro game. Without these dedicated officials, youth football would not be possible. When you see our officials, please tell them thank you.